One for all the family, this is a versatile recipe that can be prepped in advance and any left overs stored for lunches. The chorizo provides a delicious amount of flavour to really spice up this chicken dish.
- Coconut oil, for greasing and frying
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 100ml (about 1/2 cup) chicken stock
- 30g/1oz chorizo, cut into small chunks
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 100g/3.5oz asparagus
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with a little coconut oil and then place the chicken thighs into the dish.
- Tuck the onion wedges underneath the thighs, then season each thigh well with a good grind of pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the chicken stock into the dish then place in the oven to cook for about 30 minutes.
- Once 30 minutes is up, add the chorizo then place back in the oven and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and top with the rosemary. Reduce the heat slightly, give the dish a good stir, before placing back into the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a small amount of coconut oil in a frying pan and gently fry the asparagus, seasoning it with salt and pepper. Cook until slightly browned and softened then remove and serve alongside the chicken.
From Clean Eating Alice | The Body Bible: Feel Fit and Fabulous from the Inside Out © 2017 by Alice Liveing. Reprinted by permission of Harper Thorsons, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.