An aggressively seasoned marinade delivers big flavor.
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, leaves and tender stems only
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- Set aside 1/4 cup sliced scallions. Pulse cilantro, garlic, citrus zests, citrus juices, soy sauce, oil, salt, and remaining scallions in a food processor or blender until a coarse purée forms. Set aside 1/4 cup marinade; place remaining marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, seal bag, and turn to coat. Chill at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Remove chicken from marinade and place, skin side down, on a foil-lined broilerproof baking sheet; discard marinade. Broil chicken until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Turn; continue to broil until cooked through and an instantread thermometer inserted into the thickest part of thigh registers 165°F, 12-15 minutes longer. Serve chicken with reserved marinade and scallions.
- DO AHEAD: Chicken can be marinated 2 hours ahead. Keep chilled.