In Epi’s 3-Ingredient Recipes series, we show you how to make great food with just three ingredients (plus staples like oil, salt, and pepper).
A great chicken dinner doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming.
- 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup plain yogurt, divided
- Season chicken with 1 tsp. salt. Whisk oil, curry powder, and 1/2 cup yogurt in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag and chill at least 3 hours.
- Position a rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 425°F. Transfer chicken, skin side up, and marinade to a 13×9″ baking dish. Roast chicken until skin is browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted near bone registers 165°F, 30–35 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter, reserving pan juices. Skim off excess fat from juices with a spoon, then transfer 1/4 cup juices to a small bowl. Whisk in remaining 1/2 cup yogurt; season with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Serve alongside chicken.